For the second year the “Femmes de Vin” Association was present at Vinexpo, Palace of Congress in Bordeaux-Lac on Monday 20th June 2011 showcasing their wines.
The Circle of “Femmes de Vin” was created in 2009 by two passionate wine producers; Chantal Pégaz from Beaujolais and Marie-Laurence Saladin from Côtes du Rhône. The Circle of “Femmes de Vin” brings together regional associations of female wine producers, who have common passions for defending, on a daily basis, the land, the countryside, the environment; wine production and the flavours of the French appellations.
The regional associations consist of:
• Les Aliénor du Vin de Bordeaux www.bordeaux-lesalienor.fr
• Les DiVINes d’Alsace www.divinesdalsace.com
• Les Eléonores de Provence,www.leseleonoresdeprovence.blog4ever.com
• Les Etoiles en Beaujolais, www.etoiles-enbeaujolais.com
• Les Femmes et Vins de Bourgogne, www.fevb.net
• Femmes Vignes Rhône, www.femmesvignesrhone.com
• Les Vinifilles en Languedoc-Roussillon, www.vinifilles.fr
“Divided, but not against”, the men…fathers, brothers, husbands, friends… they won’t be far away! Each of these women, who are content and blossoming in their work, has a story and a clear career path. “Girls of”, “women of” or “business women from elsewhere” are all “creators of wine” fulfilling their dreams!
Wine and Travel Writer