Moet & Chandon, the Champagne of success and glamour since 1743, announces the winner of the inaugural Moet Oscar Cocktail Contest. The legendary Champagne House congratulates Chicago native Adam Seger, whose “Moet Red Carpet Glamour” cocktail dazzled a panel of expert judges and social media experts. The Moet Red Carpet Glamour cocktail was selected for its originality, taste and popularity and will be brought to life at the 2012 Governors Ball, the after-party of the 84th Academy Awards®.
The Moet Red Carpet Glamour captures the essence of Hollywood glamour with exquisite notes of heady cardamom and kaffir lime that develop a refreshing and harmonious taste. This winning cocktail was chosen for its combination of the Hum® botanical spirit with Moet & Chandon Imperial, which highlights the flavor profile of Champagne while truly celebrating the elegance of the Academy Awards.
“The Moet Red Carpet Glamour cocktail will be a gorgeous addition to this year’s Governors Ball,” said Aida Mollenkamp, Moet & Chandon’s Award Season home entertaining expert. “The cocktail is intriguing and innovative yet still allows the flavor of the Moet & Chandon Imperial Champagne to shine.”
Aida Mollenkamp has joined Moet & Chandon as this year’s home entertaining expert in a new Oscar season collaboration. The acclaimed chef and culinary curator, known for her signature combinations of fresh, seasonal ingredients and use of ethnic flavors.
Moet Red Carpet Glamour Cocktail Recipe:
- Fill a chilled Champagne flute 1/2 way with ice.
- Stir 1 ounce of fresh squeezed Sour Mix and Hum® Botanical Spirit with fresh ice.
- Strain into flute to fill 1/2 way.
- Top with Moet & Chandon Imperial.
- Garnish with a single rose petal.
- Continually refresh as you wish with Moet & Chandon Imperial as the Champagne will float on top of the Hum Sour, but its effervescence will deliver Hum’s heady cardamom & Kaffir lime notes.
- Fresh Squeeze Sour Mix Preparation: Combine 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water until sugar is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup fresh lime juice and 1 cup fresh lemon juice and refrigerate.
As winner of the 2012 Moet Oscar Cocktail Contest, Adam Seger and a guest will receive an exciting behind-the-scenes Oscar weekend, including a three-night stay at the JW Marriott Los Angeles LA Live, round-trip airfare on United Airlines, car service, tickets to the Governors Ball Preview Event, red carpet bleacher seats at the Fan Experience Red Carpet Arrival and Viewing Party on Oscar Sunday and access to the official Oscar viewing party at El Capitan.