ABA Academy Inc. is an accredited service provider with certified therapy professionals servicing children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other developmental disorders. Providing services at our Don Mills Clinic, as well as in home-based and community-based across the Greater Toronto area, we deliver individualized ABA therapeutic programs and services to our clients.
The Senior Therapist position is part-time position with opportunities to a full-time position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Aids in activities related to clinicial supervision and training.
- Evaluates, develops, implements, and monitors client specific intervention programming for young children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder or any related developmental disabilities.
- Assesses the client using ABLLS, VB-MAPP and AFLS
- Designs and develops individualized programming
- Supervises IBI/ABA programs in home-based, community-based and centre-based settings.
- Provides clinical training and supervision to a team of Instructor Therapists who implement Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI)/ ABA Programs in both one to one and group settings
- Meets and trains parents/caregivers/teachers as well as other service providers when necessary
- Writes clinical reports such as the Individual Service Plan.
- Monitors the quality and consistent delivery of the program.
- Work collaboratively with a a clinical team of staff
- Follows standard, policy and procedures set within the company.
- Reports to Clinical Director and Operations Manager
- Must have Masters Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) or related field
- Must be Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- 2 to 5 years of experience working as an Instructor Therapist with children
- Experience in clinical and program supervision, assessment and direct service.
- Excellent management, problem solving, communication, interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
- Good standing with the Ministry of Child and Youth Services – Surrey Place Centre and Kinark Child and Family Services
- Valid licensed to drive in Ontario, access to a vehicle and willing to travel across the GTA.
- Available to work during the days, weekends and evenings on an as needed basis.
- Recent Police Check (no more than 6 months ago)
- First Aid/CPR training is an asset.
Email resume’ and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Senior Therapist ABA’ in subject line.